AOS Education Committee
The AOS Education Committee is made up of the following AOS members:
- ShirleyFarrell, Chair
- Carol Alford
- Stan and Dana Hamilton
- Don Self
The long term goals of the AOS Education Committee are to:
- Develop a program for presentation on school campuses by AOS members.
- Develop a packet of information about birds for distribution to schools.
- Design a weekend workshop for teachers, students and both.
- Design a bird exhibit to make available to public libraries for display.
- Develop a series of slide presentations for schools, clubs,etc.
- Develop a series of articles to distribute to newspapers.
- Encourage young birders with free membership.
- Install nest boxes on school campuses and encourage the students to maintain the boxes and keep records of any nesting activity.